[cups] printing files of type PJL encapsulated PostScript document text

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sat Nov 12 05:42:37 PST 2016

El día Friday, November 11, 2016 a las 09:47:20PM +0100, Helge Blischke escribió:

> I just wrote (based on others from me) a filter that converts PCL / PCLXL / RTF and its dialects
> to PostScript or PDF, based on the pcl6 utility from Artifex Ghostpdl package.
>
> Publication on source forge.net within the next view days.

I have compiled ghostpdl-9.20 on my FreeBSD workstation and netbook. It
shows fine the file 'muster.pcl', but does not give me any clue what
could prevent print it fine on our KONIKA MINOLTA C360 printers. In the
gs-devel list I got some hint about an old tool of HP, JetASM, about which
is said that it could disassemble the PCL code. But there seems to be no (old) copy
available on the Internet.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045