[cups] keep all jobs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Nov 18 07:00:11 PST 2016

Pol,

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 5:41 PM, Pol Hallen <cupsml at fuckaround.org> wrote:
>
> Hello all :)
>
> with this 2 lines
>
> PreserveJobFiles Yes
> PreserveJobHistory Yes
>
> cups should be keep all jobs and history files inside cache, so I can
> "re-print" older jobs by time. Is it correct?

Up to the maximum number of jobs, which is set by the MaxJobs directive and defaults to 500...

> I just installed samba on
> linux debian jessie :) I'd like print again a jobs older months ;-)
>
> THE question: if I've a printer offline I see the jobs waiting for (when I
> power on the printers cups sends job to printer: everything ok).
>
> How I can keep a job in cups cache when the printer is offline and BEFORE
> a client deletes this job?

Not sure what you are asking for - if the Client cancels the job before it is sent to the server, you are out of luck - the server has no opportunity to save the job.  If the Client cancels the job after it is sent to the server, then the server will retain a copy.