[cups] Hide printed document / file names

Hanno Hirschberger hannohirschberger at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 6 00:29:03 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

we have a cups server (version 1.4.x) in our company and every employee
can print and use the web interface to check their document printing
status. The problem is that everyone can see the file or document name
from every user and job printed (at the 'Jobs' page on the web
interface). And sometimes you can clearly see what's inside the document
from the file name which is against our privacy policy. I'd like to hide
these document names.

Can I do that with a simple line in cupsd.conf? I couldn't find anything
about that in the manuals. Or do I have to edit the web interface files
by hand?

Best regards

Hanno