[cups] Loading an icm file from a ppd file?

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sun Oct 9 13:37:16 PDT 2016

> Am 09.10.2016 um 16:30 schrieb Alan Corey <alan01346 at gmail.com>:
>
> Never mind, I eventually found this page:
> https://www.cups.org/doc/spec-ppd.html#PROFILES <https://www.cups.org/doc/spec-ppd.html#PROFILES>
>
> Once I found an example of the phrase cupsICCProfile somewhere I
> googled that and got the page above.
>
> So I'm trying
> *cupsICCProfile ../Default:
> /usr/share/dbus-1/icm/HP_cp2025dn_2014_colormunki.icm
>
> […]

If you read the cited document properly, you will notice that – currently – the only
system on which ICC profiles are supported is MacOS with ColorSync and only
with the Apple proprietary filters.
As far as I know, the filters of the open printing cups-filters package do not support
ICC profile files.

If your printer is configured to use PostScript (it supports a PS interpreter (level 3)
by default) it would be possible to write a special filter that supports the cupsICCProfile
PPS keywords using the spice utility from the littlecms-2 package.

Helge