[cups] Media status DNP DS620

Florian Beer | 42dev fb at 42dev.eu
Wed Oct 26 11:06:59 PDT 2016

Hello list,
I have a couple of DNP DS-620 printers and just today installed version 5.2.12-pre3 on the connected Raspberry Pi’s (Raspbian) after reading in the NEWS file that:

“
Backend now reports media status via standard CUPS marker attributes
     for the following printers:

        Canon Selphy CP/ES series  (except CP820, CP910, CP1000, CP1200)
	DNP DS40/DS80/DS80DX/DS620/DS-RX1
	Citizen CX/CX-W/CY
	Kodak 305/605/6800/6850
	Mitsubishi CP-D70DW/CP-D707DW/CP-K60DW-S/CP-D9550DW
	Sinfonia CHC-S2145/CHC-S6145/CHC-S6245
	Ciaat Brava 21
“

I can’t find any information on how to read out that information. I’d like to be able to (possibly on the cli) see how many prints where made on the current color cartridge respectively how many printouts are left.

I’d be happy for any information/pointers you can give me.

Thanks,
Florian