[cups-devel] evenDuplex problem

Saša Friedrich (BiTLAB) sasa.friedrich at bitlab.si
Mon Oct 3 01:48:49 PDT 2016

Hi!

I have situation with printing in duplex...

- Ubuntu 16.04 (i386)
- cups 2.1.3-4
- cups-filters 1.8.3-2ubuntu3.1
- HP Officejet Pro 8100, hpcups 3.11.10

Problem is printing in duplex if I select even number of pages (range)
in document that have odd number of pages. And by the tests that I
performed I assume something is wrong with pdftopdf filter.

I think problem is how evenDuplex=true decides when to add blank page. I
think it check how many pages are in document. But it should check how
many pages are in range instead.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I guess that's the case.

I hope someone can help me with solution.

With best regards

Sasa Friedrich