[cups] Questions about job

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Mon Sep 26 13:22:01 PDT 2016

Hello,

yes, it is possible to print multiple files in a single print job.

You can do that for example with the command "lp" from the command line:
lp -d <PRINTER_NAME> <FIRST_FILENAME> <SECOND_FILENAME> [...]

I personally don't know of a way to add additional files to an existing
print job using the command line tools.

The CUPS API provides functions to create print jobs and add files to
it, s. https://www.cups.org/doc/api-cups.html

Regards,
Michael