[cups] Provide password for CLI tools

Stephan stephanwib at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 6 01:09:37 PDT 2017

Michael,

I understand. I have created a tool that saves a PPD using
_ppdCreateFromIPP. I am attaching this tool to this email.

It would be of advantage if such a tool would become part of the CUPS
distribution.

As for the Webinterface, doesn´t it make sense to convert the API to REST
(e.g. JSON) and make the HTML pages use this API? This would allow other
systems to interact with CUPS easily as IPP is obviously much harder to
implement.

Thanks,

Stephan