[cups] Looking for help with Lexmark x9575 printer

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Thu Apr 27 23:58:07 PDT 2017

Hi James,

> Are there any generic/compatible print drivers or generic printer settings to
> be able to print from a Lexmark x9575 multi-function printer?

You didn't mention if you were running CUPS on macOS or Linux. Although the Lexmark X9500 series of printers like the X9575 use proprietary GDI, Lexmark have made drivers available for earlier versions of MacOS X.

For a purely Linux solution, I don't think there is much hope :
   http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Generic/Generic-GDI_Printer

But if you have a Windows machine on the network, there are several ways to make the printer indirectly available via CUPS.

Cheers,
Doug