[cups] Brother HL-L6200dwt

chelsea_ppl at yahoo.com chelsea_ppl at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 10:13:15 PDT 2017

That's awesome - I'll give it a try today and I'll look for the Apple bug numbers

Sent from my iPhone 7+
Please excuse typos as Siri has a mind of her own...

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 6:12 AM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

Chelsea,

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 3:28 PM, chelsea_ppl at yahoo.com wrote:
>
> Hi Michael - thank you very much for assisting and educating me on this subject, I've been fighting with this for 9 months - the iMac I currently have is my second one because I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the first one which now I know isn't true. Ugh!
> I'm an infant newbie on the behind the scenes aspect so please be patient with me.  My first question is - what are you referring to when you say "probably use "lp" to submit the PDF directly" ?

You can print files from the Terminal application (under "Other" in the app launcher).  Just type:

    lp filename.pdf

where "filename.pdf" is the name of the PDF file you want to print.  One trick on macOS is that you can type the "lp " part (lp followed by a space), drag the file into the Terminal window (which will paste the filename in), and then press return to submit it for printing.

You can also use Automator to script it more graphically...

> and second is where do I find the Apple bug number? Is that the reference number from when I called and talked to tech support?

Yes, that is the number I need.