[cups] "Confidential" appears faintly across the page on every document I print.

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Aug 13 09:50:01 PDT 2017

On Sunday 13 August 2017 09:17:17 Helge Blischke wrote:

> cupstestppd -vv /etc/cups/ppd/

Excellent, Helge, thank you.

The very lengthy list did contain some warnings, seems Brother and Adobe
don't quite gee-haw on page format names.

The reason I was curious is that I printed some data to update a manual I
have, designed I think for the letter sized two pages in landscape mode,
to be folded in half to readers digest size, so the 4 pages could be
read as a readers digest sized assembly, and inserted in the manuals 2
ring binder to update the manual.

Unfortunately, while the printed pages are quite high quality, turning
the page to read page 3, and it and page 4 on the back side of that
sheet of paper is upside down! Less than ideal, and if I could get it to
rotate the backside image 180 degrees, I'd be quite grateful.  However
the system printer dialog does not seem to offer such.  Debian Wheezy,
uptodate a/o yesterday.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)