[cups] HP 5510 Printer - Settings Conflict

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Thu Dec 14 03:40:07 PST 2017

Running Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon and CUPS 2.1.3
I have an HP PhotoSmart 5510 printer scanner. It has been working fine
for a while but I now want to print some photos from Image Viewer. In
the printer dialogue I can select Image Quality as High-Resolution Photo
but I then see a warning "Some of the settings in the dialogue
conflict". Going through the other settings I see that it is Paper Type
which causes the conflict, but the only options are "Plain Paper" or
"Transparency Film". I assume that I need to select Photo Paper, but
that option is not there.
How can I set it to print high quality photos?
I'm happy to use some other package to print if that helps.
Thanks
Mick