[cups] Problem with re-printing large print job

Barton Jr, Bernard (RIS-PHL) BBarton at signatureinfo.com
Thu Dec 14 07:30:12 PST 2017

For one particular large print job that kept printing until I stopped it (Job ID 8768), I get the error below regarding “Stopping unresponsive job”.   So I don’t think this has to do with a timeout for a print duration.

-Thanks

$ grep 8768 error_log | head
E [13/Dec/2017:08:05:01 -0500] [Job 8768] Stopping unresponsive job.
E [13/Dec/2017:08:06:15 -0500] [Job 8768] The printer is not responding.
E [13/Dec/2017:08:07:16 -0500] [Job 8768] The printer is not responding.
E [13/Dec/2017:08:08:15 -0500] [Job 8768] The printer is not responding.
E [13/Dec/2017:08:09:15 -0500] [Job 8768] The printer is not responding.
E [13/Dec/2017:08:11:16 -0500] [Job 8768] The printer is not responding.