[cups] Installing HP Envy 4520

Len Mackay lenmac60 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:56:16 PST 2017

Sorry Brian not sure what you mean?
I am new to cups site.

Len
________________________________
From: cups <cups-bounces at cups.org> on behalf of Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 7:43:46 PM
To: cups at cups.org
Subject: Re: [cups] Installing HP Envy 4520

It would have been useful if those posting to this thread (who are as
familiar with Debian as I am) had read, spotted and corrected my apt-get
command instead of launching into setting up a network printer.

On Mon 18 Dec 2017 at 19:22:53 +0000, Len Mackay wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I have tried apt-get printer-driver-HPcups but I get an invalid
> operation message back. So still unsure if the package is installed or
> not.

apt-get printer-driver-hpcups

is incorrect.

Use

apt-get install printer-driver-hpcups

(the 'dpkg -l' command is correct. You could have used that).

--
Brian.