[cups] PPD API: Status, future and alternatives to handle printer-specific options

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed Feb 8 11:38:48 PST 2017

Hi Michael,

On 2017-02-07 23:48, Michael Sweet wrote:
> If you can collect sample PPDs that offer PIN printing options, please
> file a bug for it and attach the PPDs.  *If* we can support it without
> too much trouble I will consider adding support to help folks until
> vendors like this implement proper support through IPP...

Thank you for your readiness to check whether support for mapping PPD
options for PIN printing to IPP can be added to CUPS.

I will file a bug with PPDs that have respective options
(probably next week, when I have a reply from a colleague on what
devices are known to use that functionality inside our organisation and
I have searched on the Internet for additional PPDs using that).

Your help is really appreciated.

    Michael