[cups] /var/spool/cups?

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:25:41 PST 2017

I just discovered that apparently everything I've ever printed is
still in /var/spool/cups.  Is this normal?  In my case it will
eventually cause a space problem (Raspberry Pi with SD card), in other
cases I can see it being a security problem.  Although the files are
owned by root with only rw by root permissions.  I'm the only one
that's used it, as root, but I would have gotten in big trouble at my
last job if my boss found out I could read everything that got printed
(memos to HR, etc.).  Is there an option somewhere to not keep this
stuff?

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX