[cups] doubts about cutter option

Osvaldo Parra bady.sir at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:36:50 PST 2017

hi guys, I bought a chinese 58mm kiosk thermal printer on aliexpress, 0
support and 0 documentation, after a few days of google I found some
generic(or not?) drivers what worked with printer, the printer has auto
cutter but it never triggers, only on self test page it does.

drivers contain a ppd file with out "cutter" parameter, I read in here
<https://www.cups.org/doc/ref-ppdcfile.html#Cutter>about that parameter so
I add in ppd file the line:

*Cutter Yes/True (both tested)

but the printer doesnt cut

any clue?, this "cutter" parameter sends some kind of esc/pos code?, where
can i see the "source code" of this parameter?

cheers !