[cups] cups6.ini supressed

"OLLIVIER Joël DGAC/CRNA-O" joel.ollivier at aviation-civile.gouv.fr
Fri Jan 27 08:48:14 PST 2017

Hello everybody,
(y apologise for my english i am french)

A strange thing happens to me.
I install printers from my CUPS servers (running debian Wheezy or Jessie) using point and print in "peripheriques and printers" on windows seven.
The installation succeeds and I can use my printer during about 30 secondes. After that, windows move the file /windows/system32/spool/driver/3/cups6.ini in a directory /windows/system32/spool/driver/3/old and then supress it after next reboot. Without this file (cups6.ini) all my printers claim for their driver.

The only way to deal with that is to reboot immediately after installation, which mean before windows suppress cups6.ini.

I have this issue since more than a year, and it continue whaterver I do. I have tried without antivirus, firewall, stopping all the windows services I could. I tried to spy windows with a software that do that and the conclusion is that it comes from windows itself and not a service or another software.

Is it a known problem ?
Can somebody help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Joël OLLIVIER