[cups] Driver for HP deskjet 3055A

Ricardo Sánchez rs at timon.com
Sun Jan 29 06:27:01 PST 2017

El Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:11:44 +0000
Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com> escribió:
> On Sat 28 Jan 2017 at 22:31:48 +0100, Ricardo Sánchez wrote:
>
> > El Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:38:53 -0500
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> escribió:

> > > Thats above my pay grade as I don't use HP printers, but in the
> > > list of printer makers is a couple, maybe more whose names are
> > > hp** where the asterisks are "family names".  Start down that
> > > list and there's a possibility one of them will work. I've been
> > > under the impression that hp printers are in fact well supported.
> > >
> > > In any event, I'm not the last word here, Michael Sweet is.
>
> > Thank you, Gene. I've tried that with several drivers from the same
> > family, but it has not worked for me.
>
> Debian has a PPD for your printer in the printer-driver-hpcups
> package. I'd suggest (strongly) you set it up with lpadmin.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/PrintQueuesCUPS

Thank you very much, Brian. Document how I did it. In case, in the
future, it may be of help to someone who may encounter the same problem.

I installed printer-driver-hpcups:
Sudo apt-get install printer-driver-hpcups

Reboot

I accessed the CUPS via IP; through the administration page, I accessed
Modify Printer and the driver for the HP 3050A now appeared in the
driver list.

Thanks to Gene, Narcís and Brian for their help.

Best regards
Ricardo