[cups] Brother HL-L6200dwt

Chelsea Addison chelsea at 11th-hoursignings.com
Mon Jul 31 16:53:43 PDT 2017

Hi Everyone -

I hope someone can help me - I have an iMac that I bought new about 2 months ago, it’s running Sierra 10.12.6 and I have a Brother laser printer HL-L6200dwt using the CUPS driver 4.0.3 with dual paper trays - letter 1st tray and legal 2nd tray. I’m also using Adobe Acrobat DC.

I bought this particular printer because according to Brother the printer will tray switch between the letter and legal size paper the same as it does with a Windows computer. There’s even a video on YouTube explaining how to set up the printer with iMac so that it’ll tray switch. I print legal mortgage loan document packages that are a mixture of letter and legal and the packages are upwards of 200 pages, whatever format the documents are uploaded to me is the way it’s required to be printed and presented. If i I was to print only the letter and then only the legal I would then have to put it back in order which is time consuming and extremely frustrating. When I spoke to Brother and Apple they both attempted every possible scenario to correct the problem with no solution being achieved. I’ve scoured the internet, the Apple and Adobe forums and found that there are a multitude of other people having the same issue.
Brother swears by the CUPS driver and insists that it should be working. Apple points the finger back at Brother saying it’s a driver problem. The Adobe help section also suggests using the postscript driver in the event the CUPS one doesn’t work but again, didn’t work.

When I print the documents I choose the “fit to PDF size” option and shrink to fit (but I’ve also tried other variations) on the Adobe print dialogue box everything looks great but it prints the papers with the top margin pushed down about 3 inches which then chops off the bottom portion. We tried the print as image option and scale to fit as well.

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chelsea Addison
San Diego, CA