[cups] Intercept and modify printerjobs

Kevin ten Braak kbraak at limebv.nl
Wed Jun 14 01:28:57 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I want a software program (java program) to intercept files that are sent
to a printer (most likely from a system running on Windows), process and
add some information to those files, and subsequently send them to the
printer.
The server on which this software is running, is running on ubuntu 16.04.
I was told that the best way to configure this, is by using CUPS.
I followed this tutorial:

http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:cups#securing_the_
admin_web_interface

but without succes. Jobs are added to the joblist, but the printers never
release the jobs.

Can anyone help me fix this problem?
Is there a more convenient way to intercept printer jobs?

Best regards,

Kevin