[cups] Mac ppd differences when connecting via Wide-Area Bonjour vs local link Bonjour

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Mar 6 09:15:54 PST 2017

James,

The Apple bug report web site is probably the place to start for Mac printing issues:

    http://bugreport.apple.com

That said, the default access for printer sharing is on the local subnet (Allow @LOCAL); for a print server across VLANs you'll want to enable sharing beyond the subnet, which you can do with the following command (on the print server):

    cupsctl --remote-any