[cups] Authenticating to CUPS server via Windows AD

James Ketterer jamesketterer at depauw.edu
Mon May 1 05:42:01 PDT 2017

Hello,

Our CUPS server, which is in our Windows AD domain, is hosting printers
that have access restricted to domain users. So users enter their Windows
AD credentials when they send a print job. It's worked fine for several
months, however, recently, I suspect after the latest Mac OS update, it
only works if we preface the username with the AD domain name like:
"domain\username". Is there a way in CUPS to automatically add the
"\domain"?

Thanks,
Jim