[cups] Question regarding cups-pdf

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sun May 7 06:52:33 PDT 2017

> Thanks. However, this did not change anything:
>
> before:
> drwxrwxrwt 2 root lpadmin 4,0K Jan 26  2015 ANONYMOUS
> drwxr-x--x 2 root lpadmin 4,0K Mai  6 13:36 SPOOL
> felix at bitburger:/var/spool/cups-pdf$
>
> after:
> drwxrwxrwt 2 root lpadmin 4,0K Jan 26  2015 ANONYMOUS
> drwxr-x--x 2 root lpadmin 4,0K Mai  6 13:36 SPOOL
>
> So I guess anonymous access is already enabled.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why the PDF does not arrive in ~/PDF, there is
> no error the error_log and the access_log is different from a successful
> PDF printout (see above)?
>
> Many Thanks and Best Regards,
> --
> Felix Natter

See the comment lines
## Key: Out (config)
and following in your cups-pdf.conf
and set your output directory accordingly, e.g.
Out ${HOME}

And the /var/spool/cups-pdf/ANONYMOUS directory will only be used
if the user who owns the print job cannot be identified.
You may force this by specifying a user name which does not exist
on the machine running CUPS using the -U switch in the lp command.

Helge