[cups] CUPS License Change Coming

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Wed Nov 8 08:04:22 PST 2017

With Apache license, you're not required to distribute the source code
of covered work. This makes CUPS change not good towards FOSS, as
modified versions of CUPS can be distributed without releasing modified
version of source code.

This opens door to insecure derivatives or forks.

If CUPS project needs different licensed components to be linked, there
is LGPL for this too.

El 07/11/17 a les 21:48, Michael Sweet ha escrit: