[cups] can not print with HP Laserjet MFP M277dw using CUPS

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 03:45:55 PST 2017

Hello everyone

I've got a new printer and I'm unable to make it work with CUPS v1.6.3
on Centos7.

My hplip version is:

[root at sweet ~]# rpm -qa | grep hplip
hplip-common-3.15.9-3.el7.x86_64
hplip-libs-3.15.9-3.el7.x86_64
hplip-3.15.9-3.el7.x86_64

These are the steps I take:

- "Add Printer" and choose IPP protocol.

- On the connection box, I type "ipp://hostname_of_printer"

- I add Printer info (Name, description and location) and hit "continue"

- I select HP in the "Make" menu and hit "Continue"

- I search for my printer (HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277 Postscript) an
select it.

- I click on "Add Printer" and that's it.

After that I try to print a test page but nothing is happening. The
state of the job says " processing since <date> "connected to printer"

Can someone please help me?

Many thanks