[cups] Can not see CUPS printers on MacBook

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 07:25:35 PST 2017

Hello everyone

How can I make a High-Sierra MacBookPro see the printers on my CUPS
server (v1.6.3)? When I go to add a printer through "Printers&Scanners"
no printers appear on the list to select.

The strange thing is that I have no problems with my MacMini. On my
MacMini I can see all CUPS printers but not from my MacBook Pro.

The differences between the 2 are:

MacBookPro: High Sierra, 192.82.212.1, cups v2.2.5

MacMini: Capitan, IP: 144.82.110.1, cups v2.1.0

Cups server who is on the same subnet as MacMini can ping both IP addresses.

192.82.212.0 is allowed to access "/" and "/printers" in server's cupsd.conf

My cups-browse.conf have the following lines:

BrowseRemoteProtocols none

BrowseLocalProtocols cups dnssd

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to try out

Thank you