[cups] [Solved] Can not see CUPS printers on MacBook

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 08:37:46 PST 2017

Hello Michael,

It worked. When I followed the steps below the "Use" drop-down menu in
the "IP" section, was set to "Generic PostScript Printer". The printer
was added with no problems and I sent a test page but nothing came out
of the printer and no errors in the access_log.

I deleted the printer and added again but this time in the "Use"
drop-down menu I chose "Generic PCL Printer" and the test page was
successful. I don't know why the Generic PostScript driver did not work
but the PCL does, so I am leaving as it is.

Many thanks for your help