[cups] Printing to native XPS printers using CUPS

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:15:11 PDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Helge Blischke <helgeblischke at web.de> wrote:
> As for working filters, see
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsaddons/files/gstoxps <http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsaddons/files/gstoxps>
> and
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsaddons/files/xpstoodf_or_ps <http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsaddons/files/xpstoodf_or_ps>
>
> The gstoxps filter uses Ghostscript’s xpswrite device (notwithstanding the deficiencies of this device)
> and consumes both PostScript and PDF (implicitly using Ghostscript’s PDF interpreter).

Hello all,
It has been a while, but I see that in the latest Ghostscript 9.21
released in March 2017, the following change is noted:

"The GhostXPS interpreter now provides the pdfwrite device with the
data it requires to emit a ToUnicode CMap: thus allowing fully
searchable PDFs to be created from XPS input (in the vast majority of
cases)."