[cups] cups && banner pages on non Postscript printer

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Sep 27 07:19:26 PDT 2017

El día miércoles, septiembre 27, 2017 a las 09:22:57a. m. -0400, Michael Sweet escribió:

> Matthias,
>
> CUPS can't find a filter to go from the banner file format to the printer's format, which probably means you are missing something from your Linux install (likely Ghostscript's pstoraster or something else).

Michael,

This is how cups-1.4.3 was configured for building:

  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/sisis-pap/cups --disable-gssapi --disable-ldap --with-pdftops=/usr/local/sisis-pap/ghostscript-9.06/bin/gs

the  Ghostscript is there:

ls -l /usr/local/sisis-pap/ghostscript-9.06/bin/gs
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15866200 Sep 19 08:37 /usr/local/sisis-pap/ghostscript-9.06/bin/gs

and below are the help from ./configure --help

what I do missing in my configuration to being able to print bannerpages
on PCL printers?

Thanks

	Matthias

`configure' configures this package to adapt to many kinds of systems.

Usage: ./configure [OPTION]... [VAR=VALUE]...

To assign environment variables (e.g., CC, CFLAGS...), specify them as
VAR=VALUE.  See below for descriptions of some of the useful variables.

Defaults for the options are specified in brackets.

Configuration:
  -h, --help              display this help and exit
      --help=short        display options specific to this package
      --help=recursive    display the short help of all the included packages
  -V, --version           display version information and exit
  -q, --quiet, --silent   do not print `checking...' messages
      --cache-file=FILE   cache test results in FILE [disabled]
  -C, --config-cache      alias for `--cache-file=config.cache'
  -n, --no-create         do not create output files
      --srcdir=DIR        find the sources in DIR [configure dir or `..']

Installation directories:
  --prefix=PREFIX         install architecture-independent files in PREFIX
			  [/]
  --exec-prefix=EPREFIX   install architecture-dependent files in EPREFIX
			  [PREFIX]

By default, `make install' will install all the files in
`//bin', `//lib' etc.  You can specify
an installation prefix other than `/' using `--prefix',
for instance `--prefix=$HOME'.

For better control, use the options below.

Fine tuning of the installation directories:
  --bindir=DIR           user executables [EPREFIX/bin]
  --sbindir=DIR          system admin executables [EPREFIX/sbin]
  --libexecdir=DIR       program executables [EPREFIX/libexec]
  --sysconfdir=DIR       read-only single-machine data [PREFIX/etc]
  --sharedstatedir=DIR   modifiable architecture-independent data [PREFIX/com]
  --localstatedir=DIR    modifiable single-machine data [PREFIX/var]
  --libdir=DIR           object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]
  --includedir=DIR       C header files [PREFIX/include]
  --oldincludedir=DIR    C header files for non-gcc [/usr/include]
  --datarootdir=DIR      read-only arch.-independent data root [PREFIX/share]
  --datadir=DIR          read-only architecture-independent data [DATAROOTDIR]
  --infodir=DIR          info documentation [DATAROOTDIR/info]
  --localedir=DIR        locale-dependent data [DATAROOTDIR/locale]
  --mandir=DIR           man documentation [DATAROOTDIR/man]
  --docdir=DIR           documentation root [DATAROOTDIR/doc/PACKAGE]
  --htmldir=DIR          html documentation [DOCDIR]
  --dvidir=DIR           dvi documentation [DOCDIR]
  --pdfdir=DIR           pdf documentation [DOCDIR]
  --psdir=DIR            ps documentation [DOCDIR]

Optional Features:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --enable-static         install static libraries
  --enable-mallinfo       build with malloc debug logging
  --enable-libpaper       build with libpaper support
  --enable-libusb         use libusb for USB printing
  --enable-tcp-wrappers   use libwrap for TCP wrappers support
  --enable-acl            build with POSIX ACL support
  --enable-dbus           build with DBUS support
  --enable-32bit          generate 32-bit libraries on 32/64-bit systems
  --enable-64bit          generate 64-bit libraries on 32/64-bit systems
  --disable-shared        do not create shared libraries
  --enable-libtool-unsupported
                          build with libtool (UNSUPPORTED!)
  --enable-debug          build with debugging symbols
  --enable-debug-guards   build with memory allocation guards
  --enable-debug-printfs  build with CUPS_DEBUG_LOG support
  --enable-unit-tests     build and run unit tests
  --enable-relro          build with the GCC relro option
  --enable-image          always build the image filters
  --disable-jpeg          disable JPEG support
  --disable-png           disable PNG support
  --disable-tiff          disable TIFF support
  --disable-slp           disable SLP support
  --disable-gssapi        disable GSSAPI support
  --disable-ldap          disable LDAP support
  --disable-ssl           disable SSL/TLS support
  --enable-cdsassl        use CDSA for SSL/TLS support, default=first
  --enable-gnutls         use GNU TLS for SSL/TLS support, default=second
  --enable-openssl        use OpenSSL for SSL/TLS support, default=third
  --disable-pam           disable PAM support
  --disable-threads       disable multi-threading support
  --disable-largefile     omit support for large files
  --disable-dnssd         disable DNS Service Discovery support
  --disable-launchd       disable launchd support
  --disable-browsing      disable Browsing by default
  --disable-browse-short-names
			  disable BrowseShortNames by default
  --disable-default-shared
			  disable DefaultShared by default
  --disable-implicit-classes
                          disable ImplicitClasses by default
  --enable-use-network-default
                          set UseNetworkDefault to Yes by default
  --disable-raw-printing  do not allow raw printing by default
  --enable-bannertops     always build the banner filter
  --enable-texttops       always build the text filter
  --enable-pap            build with AppleTalk support

Optional Packages:
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --with-cups-build       set "cups-config --build" string
  --with-dbusdir          set DBUS configuration directory
  --with-adminkey         set the default SystemAuthKey value
  --with-operkey          set the default operator @AUTHKEY value
  --with-rcdir            set path for rc scripts
  --with-rclevels         set run levels for rc scripts
  --with-rcstart          set start number for rc scripts
  --with-rcstop           set stop number for rc scripts
  --with-smfmanifestdir   set path for Solaris SMF manifest
  --with-xinetd           set path for xinetd config files
  --with-lpdconfig        set URI for LPD config file
  --with-smbconfig        set URI for Samba config file
  --with-cachedir         set path for cache files
  --with-icondir          set path for application icons
  --with-menudir          set path for application menus
  --with-docdir           set path for documentation
  --with-fontpath         set font path for pstoraster
  --with-logdir           set path for log files
  --with-optim            set optimization flags
  --with-archflags        set default architecture flags
  --with-ldarchflags      set program architecture flags
  --with-arch32flags      set 32-bit architecture flags
  --with-arch64flags      set 64-bit architecture flags
  --with-libcupsorder     set libcups secorder file, default=libcups.order
  --with-libcupsimagesorder
                          set libcupsimage secorder file, default=libcupsimage.order
  --with-domainsocket     set unix domain socket name
  --with-openslp-libs     set directory for OpenSLP library
  --with-openslp-includes set directory for OpenSLP includes
  --with-gssservicename   set default gss service name
  --with-ldap-libs        set directory for LDAP library
  --with-ldap-includes    set directory for LDAP includes
  --with-openssl-libs     set directory for OpenSSL library
  --with-openssl-includes set directory for OpenSSL includes
  --with-pam-module       specify the PAM module to use
  --with-dnssd-libs       set directory for DNS Service Discovery library
  --with-dnssd-includes   set directory for DNS Service Discovery includes
  --with-languages        set installed languages, default=all
  --with-config-file-perm set default ConfigFilePerm value, default=0640
  --with-log-file-perm    set default LogFilePerm value, default=0644
  --with-fatal-errors     set default FatalErrors value, default=config
  --with-log-level        set default LogLevel value, default=warn
  --with-access-log-level set default AccessLogLevel value, default=actions
  --with-local-protocols  set default BrowseLocalProtocols, default="CUPS"
  --with-remote-protocols set default BrowseRemoteProtocols, default="CUPS"
  --with-cups-user        set default user for CUPS
  --with-cups-group       set default group for CUPS
  --with-system-groups    set default system groups for CUPS
  --with-printcap         set default printcap file
  --with-lpdconfigfile    set default LPDConfigFile URI
  --with-smbconfigfile    set default SMBConfigFile URI
  --with-max-copies       set default max copies value, default=9999
  --with-snmp-address     set SNMP query address, default=auto
  --with-snmp-community   set SNMP community, default=public
  --with-ipp-port         set port number for IPP, default=631
  --with-pdftops          set pdftops filter (gs,/path/to/gs,pdftops,/path/to/pdftops,none), default=pdftops
  --with-java             set Java interpreter for web interfaces
  --with-perl             set Perl interpreter for web interfaces
  --with-php              set PHP interpreter for web interfaces
  --with-python           set Python interpreter for web interfaces

Some influential environment variables:
  CC          C compiler command
  CFLAGS      C compiler flags
  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>
  LIBS        libraries to pass to the linker, e.g. -l<library>
  CPPFLAGS    C/C++/Objective C preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if
              you have headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
  CPP         C preprocessor
  CXX         C++ compiler command
  CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags

Use these variables to override the choices made by `configure' or to help
it to find libraries and programs with nonstandard names/locations.

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045