[cups] cups && banner pages on non Postscript printer

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Sep 27 07:50:30 PDT 2017

Matthias,

It isn't just Ghostscript you need, it is the CUPS filters provided with Ghostscript (which needs to know that CUPS is installed in your custom location...)

Also, as Helge points out, the PPD for your printer needs to actually provide a CUPS raster filter to generate PCL for the printer.  It isn't clear whether that is the case...