[cups] If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Apr 11 07:03:02 PDT 2018

Hello,

On Apr 11 15:51 Paul Neuwirth wrote (excerpt):
> I do think, it is also a cups problem, since I setup only using the
> cups web-frontend. Add printer, selected connection, selected
> manufacturer, selected device, create, set paper size, print test
> page.
> I compared other printer configuration with this one.
> I just renamed the printer from LX-1050+ to LX-1050 and the ppd file
> in /etc/cups/ppd/ from LX-1050+.ppd to LX-1050.ppd and it is working
> now.
> is this a bug or a feature?

I think this could be a bug in the CUPS web-frontend
(or in a related lower level functionality in CUPS)
because it seems the CUPS web-frontend can
set up a print queue with a name 'LX-1050+'
but things do not work with such a name.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)