[cups] If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Apr 11 07:11:13 PDT 2018

Hello,

On Apr 11 15:57 Paul Neuwirth wrote (excerpt):
> cheered to soon.. I did miss something in the config,
> ppd was lost and it just printed plaintext.
> re set-up, and old error is there again

in this case I suggest to try to use CUPS command-line tools
instead of the CUPS web-fronted - or can you perhaps somehow
manually specify the queue name also via the CUPS web-fronted
(I don't use the CUPS web-fronted or other graphical tools).

Have a look at
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
therein the sections about
"Command-line Tools"
and
"Command-line tools for creating or editing queues"
and in particular paragraph about
"How to set up a print queue in full compliance with CUPS"

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)