[cups] If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer.

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:16:38 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have also a very flexible, configurable implementation of text-only
printer support in cups-filters. If you have a not too old cups-filters
(1.10.0 or newer) on your system, you will have a "Generic Text-Only
Printer" under the manufacturers/models to choose on your system. If you
choose this model you get your printer set up with a PPD which accepts
only text files and under its "Installable Options" you can configure
everything needed, encoding, line ends, margins, paper sizes and how
many columns and lines fit on a page, paginated or continues printing, ...

This should suit all text-only printing needs, if not, suggestions and
patches are welcome.

    Till