[cups] Kyocera FS-C5300DN (KPDL) very very slow

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:46:41 PDT 2018

> I fixed this problem by using Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of GS (yes I know
> it's outdated version, but at least it works).
>
> After installing Acrobat Reader I did:
>
> lpadmin -p <printer_name> -o pdftops-renderer-default=acroread -o
> pdftops-max-image-resolution-default=600

Solved by using pdftocairo, without using Adobe Acrobat:

lpadmin -p 'Kyocera-FS-C5300DN-KPDL' -o
pdftops-renderer-default=pdftocairo -o
pdftops-max-image-resolution-default=600

now printing took about 1 second to start (10 test pages printed in a
bouch of seconds and not about 40 minutes)
Printed page is exactly as the ghostscript one.

Is possible to set this automatically from PPD?