[cups] get a new copy of a network printers configuration

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Sat Dec 1 02:06:01 PST 2018

As for cups-browsed, please carefully read the manual page (man 5 cups-browsed.conf).
Depending on the various directives, printer queues created by browsed, the generated PPDs
are either the ones generated by cups itself or those derived from the DNS-SD TXT records or from the LDAP database.
In the latter case properties like duplex may not be listed there.

Instead of doing a lot of trial and error, I’d suggest you post the PPD of the printer in question
(as a .txt file, otherwise the attachment sill removed), and the contents of /etc/cups/cups-browsed-conf.

I think after looking into these files, I may be able to give some help (I hope so, at least).

Helge