[cups] get a new copy of a network printers configuration

Bob cups-a5729 at listemail.net
Sun Dec 2 11:19:24 PST 2018

** Reply to message from Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com> on Sun, 02 Dec
2018 16:15:39 +0000

> On Sat 01 Dec 2018 at 13:00:21 -0800, Bob wrote:
>
> > ** Reply to message from Brian Potkin <claremont102 at gmail.com> on Sat, 01 Dec
> > 2018 16:41:34 +0000
> >
> > > It would also be worthwhile seeing whether "print" in the GTK dialog
> > > offers duplex and non-duplex.
> >
> > I assume that means the "print" dialog.  The "print" printer dialog entry say
> > two-sided not available, also say rejecting jobs.
>
> Glad you now have things in working order.
>
> I imagine that apart from saying "Rejecting jobs" there is a spinner
> next to the mouse pointer. Is there any change here with your working
> print system? I ask because your printer is a PDF printer and I would
> have thought the GTK dialog would no problem with it. If there isn't
> any change, I will have to revise my thinking.

So far I have not noticed any changes in printing.

I am not sure what you are referring when you say GTK dialog.  Is it the print
dialog where you select the printer and printer options?

In the settings > devices > printers I have one sometimes two printers listed
there, before there were always three printers.  The
HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277dw is the printer I use and is always on the list of
printers.  The HP_Color_LaserJet_MFP_M277dw_BC46DE_ is sometimes in the list
and sometimes not.  It does not appear in the list when selecting a printer to
print to.  Something I had not noticed before is the difference in the printer
names in the settings > devices > printers, one uses  a dash - and the other
uses an underscore _ , strange.

--
Robert Blair