[cups] Brother BIG inkjet, can't make it use near enough ink

Axel Braun axel.braun at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 08:15:17 PST 2018

Hello Gene,

Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018, 23:08:14 CET schrieb Gene Heskett:

> I bought this MFC-J6920DW printer to replace a CDW color laser about 2 year
> ago, and am finally tired of the extremely pastel printing its doing.

Brother printers are known for their weak color printing.....

> None
> of the color tweaker settings on the advanced color page I can see looking
> at localhost:631/printers/any profile, has any effect, as if that data is
> being stripped from the data stream between clicking on print, with or
> without gutenprint.

Not sure if it helps, but one option is to create a (ICC) color profile from a
service company, and add the profile to the printer. Did so on my cups
installation , and it is now somewhat better (on a laser with standard office
paper you cant expect too much).  I think I payed around 23€.
HTH
Axel