[cups] printing setup help

Phil Duncan duncanapa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:41:09 PST 2018

hello
 i have been trying to organise a printer on a fedora 25 system
no luck so far
one is a networked brother HL-5350N BR-script3
the other is a HP-LaserJet-1020 usb.
i currently have reached and impasse
i seem to have a user name and password set on my localhost:631/admin/
(no idea what either could be and only get one try before the response is
"forbidden" until next day so brute force is a slow process)
and am unable to even delete an existing printer
even without this impediment niether printer would acually print a test
page although both are visible from cups they both return
*"Unable to locate printer "br5250"."*

*the brother networked printer is on the same network as the fedora os
machine and will accept print jobs from a win machine on the same network*

*fedora file browser identifies the printer as on the network as well as in
the windows workgroup*

*but for now a nice or nasty way of resetting the cups password and
username  (uninstall cups?)*

*phil Duncan *

*Lapoinya Tasmania 7325*

*au*
*ps *
*my brother was my linux maintainer but he died from cancer last winter so
i am having to do my own linux maintanance *