[cups] Howto select paper size (A3/A4) ?

Helge Blischke helgeblischke at web.de
Mon Jan 29 07:33:40 PST 2018

> Am 29.01.2018 um 13:44 schrieb Dr. Peer-Joachim Koch <pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to setup a new print server using SuSE and cups 1.7.5. I had to install
> some canon driver to support our printer (Canon C3330i). Everything is working, but
> I can not select  A3 paper. The printer has both sizes installed.
>
> Whenever I try to print some A3 document it will be reduced to A4. Within the
> printer settings I do not see any settings only "general Media Size". Even setting A3
> will not allow me to print a A3 document.
>
> How to configure both sizes ?
>
> (Using cel-iradvc3325-pcl-de.ppd from cel-iradvc3325-pcl-de.ppd)
>
> --
> Bye,
>    Peer

Please attach the PPD you use. From the PostScript PPDs I downloaded I got to know
that A3 is not allowed from Tray1 (which, I suppose, is the default input tray).

The PostScript PPD allows to autoselect the input tray according to the media size,
but I don’t know if this is also possible with the cl stuff.

Helge