[cups] Correct Mimetype For Raw Printing Using ipptool

Matt Andrews mattandrews at massey.com.au
Fri Jun 1 18:11:06 PDT 2018

Thanks Michael.

When you say “direct printing” do you mean using the raw mime type, or do
you mean bypassing CUPS entirely?

As far as label printers go, more specifically the make I’m using which is
Zebra, their recommended setup is actually through cups.

Anyway, just tried it with your suggested mine type and it worked
perfectly.

Thanks again

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 at 10:58, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> Franz,
>
> > On May 30, 2018, at 1:52 AM, Pförtsch, Franz <Franz.Pfoertsch at brose.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Matt,
> >
> > I had a similar issue.
> >
> > So I extended my mime.type/mime.conf for raw printing of preformatted
> datastream.
> >
> > I opend a issue on github,
> >
> > https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5294
> >
> > but Michael closed this issue with something like
> >  raw printing is stupid.
>
> I'm sorry if you got that impression, but that isn't what I said.
>
> I *did* say we do not want to encourage the use of raw printing, and that
> dedicated label printing applications are probably better served by direct
> printing.

Matt Andrews

0400 990 131