[cups] Print range confusion

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jun 6 04:33:41 PDT 2018

Matthias,

> On Jun. 6, 2018, at 5:45 a.m., Mathias Weyland <mathias at weyland.ch> wrote:
> I may be completely wrong in my interpretation, but it looks as
> if the client uses pdftopdf to extact page 15 (line 58) which then
> becomes page 1. It hands over this single-page document to the
> remote server and tells it to print page 15 (line 188). But
> page 15 does not exist (anymore) because it's page 1 now.

It does indeed look like this is the case - your client is doing filtering of the PDF file and should be sending the job to the remote server using the application/vnd.cups-pdf MIME media type to tell it not to fiddle further, but that isn’t happening.

We don’t see the same problem on macOS with PDF printers, so I’m guessing this is specific to the cups-filters PDF filter or something with your particular configuration. Normally PDF files should be send to a remote CUPS server without filtering so that this doesn’t happen... :/

Sent from my iPad