[cups] Print range confusion

Mathias Weyland mathias at weyland.ch
Wed Jun 6 10:29:52 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-06 13:34, Helge Blischke wrote:

> To find out more about this issue, I’d need the PPD for this printer
> from both the client and the server system.

I am attaching the server ppd. I cannot find a ppd file on the client
machine. I'm somewhat confused by that. Where is that ppd supposed to
be? On a related note there is also no entry in printers.conf. This had
me even more confused so I checked on my girlfriends machine (an older
Linux Mint installation) and she has a local ppd file that is no
different from the server ppd, along with an entry in printers.conf.
Also, it turns out that the range issue is not present on her client
(cups 2.1.3-4ubuntu0.4).

Is this (no client ppd and no printers.conf entry) the new way or is my
client misconfigured all the way down?

Thanks again and regards

Matt