[cups] Epson WF-6090: Varying line thickness on prints with horizontal lines

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Jun 19 06:21:52 PDT 2018

Hello,

On Jun 19 08:21 David Rea wrote (excerpt):
> I was able to build "rasterview" on Ubutnu, but I haven't tracked down a
> bash stdin redirect script yet that produces anything more than a 0-byte
> file when substituted for epson-escpr-wrapper.
>
> Johannes, do you have a known-good script at hand?

Something like the following should do it:
#! /bin/bash
# debug info in /var/log/cups/error_log
set -x
# set inputfile to where the input comes from
inputfile="-"
test "$6" && inputfile="$6"
# forward input to file
if cat $inputfile >/tmp/myfilter.out
then echo 'INFO:' 1>&2
      exit 0
fi
echo 'ERROR: failed to forward input to /tmp/myfilter.out' 1>&2
exit 1

Install this script as /usr/lib/cups/filter/myfilter
with the same owner, group and permissions as the
other filters (usually "rwxr-xr-x root root").

For more information in general see
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Filters_to_Print_with_CUPS
and the related
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Using_Your_Own_Backends_to_Print_with_CUPS

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)