[cups] Gutenprint jobs never print

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jun 25 11:52:52 PDT 2018

Caelia,

You can try:

    cupsctl --debug-logging

to enable debug logging, and then try printing.

The behavior you are seeing looks like a communications problem - the /var/log/cups/error_log file will contain a summary of what is being done to print the file (look for "[Job ...]" messages in the file) and might point to the ultimate cause.

Also, Gutenprint is available as a CUPS driver in addition to the Gimp plug-in.