[cups] CUPS error logs

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Mar 1 16:58:31 PST 2018

In regard to: Re: [cups] CUPS error logs, Michael Sweet said (at 4:37pm on...:

> This typically only happens if the printer's firmware crashes (requiring
> the printer to be power cycled),

> Anyways, probably the best way forward is to file a bug with Apple
> (bugreport.apple.com <http://bugreport.apple.com/>) who can then work
> with the manufacturer (Ricoh?) to determine the cause and provide a fix.

In addition to what Michael said, I would also recommend that you
preemptively check the printer manufacturer's site to determine if
there is a newer version of the firmware for you printer that can
be applied by the end user.

That's probably one of the first things the printer manufacturer
will ask you to do, before they ever get serious about looking into
the problem, so being able to tell them right away that you've already
done that will help.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)