[cups] switching between pdftops-renderers in printing menu?

Paul Neuwirth mail at paul-neuwirth.nl
Sat Mar 17 01:45:52 PDT 2018

Hello,
Is there any option (manipulate ppd) to set the pdftops-renderer per
job using the print dialog?
Or does anyone know how to resolve this issue at all? until cups 2.4
I never have had any problems..
problem description:
since cups > 2.4 I am struggling with faults printing documents
(printer Lexmark E360d with PS Emulation) I get such errors printed as
"ERROR: ioerror / OFFENDING COMMAND: StartData".
Some documents print with pdftops-renderer set to pdftops (e.g. PDF
files)
Other documents (plain text) only print with gs..

Thank you very much,

Paul