[cups] Correct Mimetype For Raw Printing Using ipptool

Matt Andrews mattandrews at massey.com.au
Tue May 29 15:32:32 PDT 2018

Hey,

I'm trying to send raw text data to a Zebra label printer.  The printer is
network connected and I'm running CUPS 1.5.3 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Printing is really easy using lp -oraw, the labels print perfectly, but
when trying to send test ipp messages using ipptool, the printer will only
print the actual text of the document.

I'm using ipptool to test the printer locally as ipp messages will
eventually be arriving from remote locations.

Currently I'm using application/octet-stream as the mimetype, but this does
not work.

What is going on when you print with lp -oraw and how can this be
replicated with ipptool?

Does it require configuration of raw.types or raw.convs in /etc/cups?

Been trying to figure this one out for a while.  Any tips greatly
appreciated.

Matt Andrews

0400 990 131