[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem revisted

マスターズ・イアン ian at ncsa.jp
Tue Nov 6 20:28:37 PST 2018

Hi Zdenek

> sorry for no update, I was on vacation. More info below.

No problem! Everyone needs a holiday.

> Ian, would you mind checking if you have default printer set? You can check it by '$ lpstat -d'. If it isn't set or it isn't set to printer you want to use, you can change the settings in CUPS web ui on localhost:631 (if cups service is running), in 'Printers' tab.

Default printer wasn't set so I did:
lpoptions -d 11F1
Now lpstat -d shows:
システムのデフォルトの宛先: 11F1 (System default destination: 11F1)
and also set it in the GUI for good measure.

After setting the default, the following command no longer segfaults:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftopjlfx 1 username '' 1 '' </home/user1/pdftopdffx.pdf >pdftopdffx.pjlfx

It produced this file:
..-rw-rw-r--  1 user1 user1  16K 11月  7 10:19 pdftopdffx.pjlfx

Then I did:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/fxauth 1 username '' 1 '' </home/user1/pdftopdffx.pjlfx >pdftopdffx.fxauth

I got a permissions error so I sudo-ed the command. That produced this error:
/usr/lib/cups/filter/fxauth: 行 13: /etc/cups/ppd/.fx: そのようなファイルやディレクトリはありません (no such file or directory)

So I tried to set the ${PRINTER}.fx in the fxauth file but failed, so I hard-coded it in. That stopped the error and the PJL information was added to the file.

Then I sent the file raw to the printer:

lpr -P 11F1 -o raw /home/user1/pdftopdffx.fxauth
The file was sent OK (it arrived at the printer), but the printer menu showed the page as being 0 pages ...

That's where I am right now.

ian