[cups] Sending mail from a CentOS7 virtual machine to Fuji Xerox ApeosPort-IV C4475 problem revisted

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:03:42 PDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:51 PM マスターズ・イアン <ian at ncsa.jp> wrote:

> > Hmm, that should be simple linux command line, input file and output
> file with pipes I imagine.
> > e.g.,
> > cat <file> | filter
> > The filter then output something to the command line (standard output).
> If it includes the required lines, it works. If not, it has an error.
>
> Having a go at this but not getting very far:

How are you at reading shell scripts? Maybe it needs a 6th argument to
start with (not sure). This is the code you want to test right?

sed -e '/@PJL COMMENT Version:4.00/ a\
@PJL SET JOBATTR='\"${FX_MACHINE_NAME}\"'\
@PJL SET JOBATTR='\"${FX_AUTH_ID}\"'\
@PJL SET JOBATTR='\"${FX_LOCAL_USER}\"'\
@PJL SET JOBATTR='\"${FX_CARD_NUMBER}\" $INPUT

So you have to provide $INPUT, which is a variable in the script,
determined by some logic there. You should probably start by inserting some
debug echo statements to output the value of the variables and see whether
$INPUT resolves to anything.
Feel free to simplify the script to make $INPUT work for the test.

Hope that helps, I am not in a place where I can test it myself right now
unfortunately.
Gernot